Now you can drive and use transportation guilt-free.
The average American passenger vehicle puts 4.6 metric tons of carbon pollution into the air each year. And while we know cutting back on our carbon pollution emissions is one way we as individuals can fight climate change, it may not always be feasible when it comes to getting around in our cars or using other modes of transportation.
Clean Commute allows you to wipe out your transportation emissions with a monthly subscription, reducing your overall impact on the environment. Here's how it works:1
- You select your mileage per day.
- We estimate your average carbon pollution emissions each month.
- We purchase the equivalent amount of carbon offsets on your behalf - wiping out the negative impact you are having on the environment.
With Clean Commute you are doing your part to clean up your carbon emissions, and taking an important step towards a cleaner, healthier world for future generations.
About CleanChoice Energy
At CleanChoice Energy we envision a world free of catastrophic climate change with pure, clean air and abundant renewable energy. We’re on a mission to make it easy for everyone, everywhere to choose clean energy.
- 1 For each month of your service, we will purchase and retire carbon offsets based on EPA Greenhouse Gas Emissions from a Typical Passenger Vehicle and the miles per day that you select. Your actual monthly miles driven may be more or less and we cannot guarantee that your transportation carbon footprint will be fully matched by carbon offsets. See Terms and Conditions for additional details.
- 2 The Best Technology for Fighting Climate Change? Trees, The Atlantic
3 Five Reasons The Earth’s Climate Depends On Forests, Climate and Land Use Alliance