Now you can drive and use transportation guilt-free.
The average American passenger vehicle puts 4.6 metric tons of carbon pollution into the air each year. And while we know cutting back on our carbon pollution emissions is one way we as individuals can fight climate change, it may not always be feasible when it comes to getting around in our cars or using other modes of transportation.
Clean Commute allows you to wipe out your transportation emissions with a monthly subscription, reducing your overall impact on the environment. Here's how it works:1
- You select your mileage per day.
- We estimate your average carbon pollution emissions each month.
- We purchase the equivalent amount of carbon offsets on your behalf - wiping out the negative impact you are having on the environment.
With Clean Commute you are doing your part to clean up your carbon emissions, and taking an important step towards a cleaner, healthier world for future generations.
How does reforestation offset carbon pollution?
It’s not often talked about, but research1 shows that forests are the best technology we have to combat the rising levels of carbon dioxide in our atmosphere. Simply put, trees absorb carbon dioxide and emit oxygen; they are often referred to as the “lungs” of our planet. The carbon dioxide is removed from the atmosphere and safely sequestered in their trunks, leaves, branches, roots and even in the forest soil for decades. The well-established value of forests has been documented and researched by scientists for decades. In fact, forests' power to store carbon dioxide is staggering: one tree can store an average of about 48 pounds in one year.
Will I really be helping the environment?
Yes. Natural climate solutions such as reforestation can help us achieve 37 percent of our climate target set by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) - which is to limit global warming to a maximum of two degrees Celsius above pre-industrial levels. It’s fair to say our climate depends on the growth of forests.2
Email us at email@example.com.
About CleanChoice Energy
Our mission since day one has been to make clean energy accessible for everybody. With CleanChoice Energy you don’t need to install solar panels or even own your home, apartment, or business space to reduce your impact on the environment. CleanChoice Energy is a Certified B Corporation, a member of the American Sustainable Business Council and the U.S. Green Building Council, and is certified with the highest available rating by Green America’s Green Business Network.
- 1 For each month of your service, we will purchase and retire carbon offsets based on EPA Greenhouse Gas Emissions from a Typical Passenger Vehicle and the miles per day that you select. Your actual monthly miles driven may be more or less and we cannot guarantee that your transportation carbon footprint will be fully matched by carbon offsets. See Terms and Conditions for additional details.
- 2 The Best Technology for Fighting Climate Change? Trees, The Atlantic
3 Five Reasons The Earth’s Climate Depends On Forests, Climate and Land Use Alliance